Steamed Haddock Bundles Recipe
Haddock fillets and corn are steamed inside packets made from cabbage leaves in this attractive entree from Sophie Lis. The East Peoria, Illinois reader seasons the dish with chives, parsley, vinegar and lemon-pepper.
- 4 large cabbage leaves
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 4 haddock fillets (3-1/2 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1. Cook cabbage leaves in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water; pat dry.
- 2. Place each cabbage leaf on a double layer of heavy-duty foil (about 15 in. x 12 in.). Place 1/2 cup corn on each leaf; top with a fish fillet. Sprinkle with vinegar. Combine seasonings; sprinkle over fillets.
- 3. Wrap cabbage leaves around fish; fold foil around cabbage and seal tightly. Place the packets on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 bundle: 166 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 74mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Steamed Haddock Bundles
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC