Steamed Fish and Vegetables
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 whitefish fillet (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Place fish on a 15x12-in. piece of heavy-duty foil. Add the vegetables and sprinkle with the lemon juice, parsley, lemon-pepper and dill. Fold foil over and fold in edges twice, forming a pouch.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender and fish flakes easily with a fork. Carefully open pouch and allow steam to escape.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 226 calories, 10g fat (0 saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 768mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 19, 2011
I used 3 small filets and dived the veggies and spices between them. It was bland but also had a dill weed taste overall.
Mar 4, 2011
I don't cook much fish because I haven't found a good way of cooking it that is easy and for sure done perfect. I tried this recipe without the vegetables and it was really great and cooked perfect. Next time I will put vegetables I like in with it. Cooked perfect in time shown.