Steamed Cranberry Pudding with Vanilla Sauce Recipe
One Christmas, my husband—a Navy chaplain for 20 years—had to spend the holidays overseas, away from our two children and me. At his request, I sent him this special recipe so he could have a taste of home.
- 1/2 cup light molasses
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a bowl, combine all pudding ingredients in order given. Pour into a well-greased 4-cup pudding mold. Place in a deep kettle on a rack. Fill kettle with boiling water to 1-in. depth; cover kettle and boil gently. Replace water as needed. Steam about 1 hour or until pudding tests done. Let stand 5 minutes before unmolding.
- 2. Meanwhile, for sauce, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt in a saucepan. Add cream and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture begins to boil. Boil for about 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Serve pudding and sauce warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 454 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 468mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Steamed Cranberry Pudding with Vanilla Sauce
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC