Writes field editor Drorothy Smith of ElDorado, Arkansas, "This hot side dish pairs two colorful vegetables and a savory dressing. I never have leftovers."
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound broccoli, cut into spears
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Combine the broccoli and squash in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and steam for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients. Remove vegetables from steamer; drizzle with oil mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Steamed Broccoli and Squash in Taste of Home June/July 1999, p16