Steaks with Shallot Sauce Recipe
WE have hearty beef eaters in our family and this recipe is always a winner. Freshly cracked pepper really brings out the flavor and the touch of vinegar and Worcestershire sauce make these steaks perfect.
- 2/3 cup sliced shallots or green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1. Saute shallots in 1 tablespoon butter in a small skillet until tender. Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until liquid is reduced to about 1 tablespoon. Stir in vinegar and Worcestershire sauce; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in 1-1/2 teaspoons butter. Cover and keep warm.
- 2. Sprinkle steaks with pepper. In a large skillet, cook steaks in oil and remaining butter until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with shallot sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 404 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 265mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 38g protein.
Reviews for Steaks with Shallot Sauce
Reviewed Feb. 5, 2010
"We enjoyed it very much."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC