Steaks with Cucumber Sauce
This recipe combines some of my family's favorite flavors. The tender steaks, marinated with teriyaki sauce, are accompanied by a creamy cucumber sauce seasoned with dill and chives. I've used this dish as both an appetizer and an entree. —Erika Aylward, Clinton, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 4 boneless beef New York strip steaks (8 to 10 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place steaks in a shallow dish; add teriyaki sauce and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate overnight. In a bowl, combine the cucumber, sour cream, mayonnaise, chives, dill and salt. Cover and refrigerate.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steaks, covered, over medium-hot heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Serve with cucumber sauce.
Originally published as Steaks with Cucumber Sauce in Taste of Home October/November 2004
Jan 4, 2011
Sauce had a great taste was expecting something different. But would definetly make it again. My kids loved just eating the cucumbers out of it. The whole family really enjoyed it.