Steaks with Cherry-Chipotle Glaze
The spicy glaze turns an inexpensive cut of meat into something special. My son, who claims to be a "meat-a-tarian," especially loves this and asks for it all year long. —Cheryl Lundquist, Wake Forest, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef flat iron or top sirloin steaks (1 pound each)
- 2 tablespoons cherry preserves
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add meat; turn to coat. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- In a bowl, whisk glaze ingredients. Drain beef, discarding marinade. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), about 4 minutes on each side. Baste with glaze during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Cut steaks in half to serve.