Steaks with Cherry-Chipotle Glaze
The spicy glaze turns an inexpensive cut of meat into something special. My son, who claims to be a "meat-a-tarian," especially loves this and asks for it all year long. —Cheryl Lundquist, Wake Forest, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef flat iron or top sirloin steaks (1 pound each)
- 2 tablespoons cherry preserves
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add meat; turn to coat. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- In a bowl, whisk glaze ingredients. Drain beef, discarding marinade. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), about 4 minutes on each side. Baste with glaze during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Cut steaks in half to serve.
Nutrition Facts7 ounces cooked beef: 510 calories, 31g fat (10g saturated fat), 146mg cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0g fiber), 43g protein.
Originally published as Flat Iron Steak with Cherry Chipotle Sauce in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017