Steak with Squash Medley Recipe
This recipe for our traditional Sunday night dinner dates back to the 1960s, yet it's still a favorite. At that time, we operated a small inn in southern Indiana, and every week after most of the guests had departed, my wife and I would enjoy a quiet, leisurely dinner. -Jim Tusing, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- 2 beef ribeye steaks (10 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow summer squash
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup sliced okra, optional
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a skillet over medium heat, brown steaks on both sides in 2 tablespoons oil. Cook 8 minutes longer or until the meat reaches desired doneness(for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Drain skillet. Saute onion, squash, zucchini, okra if desired and garlic in remaining oil for 6 minutes or until tender. Stir in the tomato sauce, vinegar, rosemary, thyme and pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve over steaks. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 528 calories, 43g fat (12g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 208mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Steak with Squash Medley
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC