Steak with Orange-Thyme Sauce
“This is an easy, yet fancy dish for company,” writes Mitzi Sentiff of Annapolis, Maryland. “You'll get the delicious taste of orange along with a little spiciness. It's great with rice and a side salad.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds beef top sirloin steak
- In a small bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients; set aside 1/3 cup for basting.
- Broil steak 4-6 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), basting with some of the reserved sauce. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with the remaining sauce.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 283 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 448mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch.
Originally published as Company Broiled Orange Steak in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.