Steak with Dipping Sauce
From Locust Grove, Oklahoma, Linda Foreman suggests this quick steak with sauteed mushrooms and beans and a zesty dipping sauce for cool-weather evenings. To complete the meal, she serves with steak fries, potato salad or pasta and cold beer or wine.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 2 boneless beef sirloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1/4 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Rub steaks with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook steaks in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms for 2 minutes. Add the beans, beer and garlic; cover and cook for 10 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine dipping sauce ingredients. Serve with steaks and vegetables.