- 2 to 3 tablespoons whole black peppercorns, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white pepper
- 4 New York strip steaks (about 12 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- Combine peppercorns and pepper; rub over both sides of steaks. Chill for 1 hour. Sprinkle with salt in a large skillet; heat on high until salt begins to brown. Add steaks and sear on both sides. Add butter; reduce heat to medium-high. Cook steaks for 1-2 minutes on each side. Add Worcestershire and hot pepper sauce; cook each side 2-3 minutes longer or until meat is done as desired. Remove steaks and keep warm. Add cream to the skillet; cook and stir until smooth. Serve over steaks. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSteak with Creamy Peppercorn Sauce
"I made this three times before and it will be fourth times for tonight. This recipe was so DELICIOUS! The sauce is so tasty. This recipe is obviously a keeper!"
"I loved this recipe! It turned out so good! I eat at this local restaurant that makes this and it almost matched it perfectly! I had used 2 NY strips instead and I used 1 and 1/2 tsp. Peppercorn and 1/2 tsp of the white pepper. The only thing I did wrong, I think was I should have turned the pan down before I removed the steak....I smoked everyone out of the house! Yet the steak was excellent. Oh and I scored the fat and placed it on the fat in the brown salt first before browning the meat side!!!MMMMMH MHHHH it was good!"