Steak Veggie Wraps
Our taste panel simply raved about the fresh flavor of these healthy and delicious wraps from Jennifer Wilks! They’re a family favorite in Thornton, Colorado, writes Jennifer. “And they’re just as wonderful the second day.”
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/4 cups chopped yellow summer squash
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 3/4 cup julienned carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 15 ounces beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/3 cup fat-free ranch salad dressing
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 2/3 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 5 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic, Italian seasoning, cumin and 1 tablespoon oil. Add the summer squash, red pepper, carrot, onion and jalapeno; toss to coat.
- Place in a single layer in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute steak in remaining oil for 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Combine the salad dressing and salsa. Sprinkle cheese, cilantro and tomato over each tortilla; drizzle with dressing mixture. Top with vegetables and steak. Roll up tightly.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 399 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 582mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Steak Veggie Wraps in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007