- 2 cups thinly sliced cooked beef ribeye or sirloin steak (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheese, chopped lettuce and tomatoes and additional salsa, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute steak and onion for 1 minute. Stir in the salsa, cumin, chili powder and garlic powder.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and water until smooth; gradually add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Place beef mixture on tortillas; top as desired with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and additional salsa. Fold in sides. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSteak Tortillas
"Excellent with 1/2 left over rib eye and 1/2 left over strip. I added some chipotle chile pepper, onion chives, and chili peppers. Also added liquid smoke to the skillet with meat and onions. Used Monterey Jack and 4-cheese Mexican cheeses. Delicious topped with sour cream and made-from-scratch guacamole. Side was black bean and corn salsa, also made from scratch. Great meal. Thanks."
"This was really good! I also used sirloin steak, sliced thin. It had just the right amount of smoky flavor. My husband was grabbing the steak right out of the pan, didn't even wait for a tortilla. Will definitely make this again."
"Really good. Increased garlic pwr to 1/2 tea and sliced sirloin steak very thin. Had to laugh @ 5hungrykids, she always has leftover steak! Who has leftover steak? Not in my lifetime, to date!"
"This was so authentic tasting. I didn't have cumin so I used 1 tsp of Mexican chili powder gave it lost of flavor. Also, I used 1/2 cup fresh deli salsa which gave it some kick. the left over NY strip steak had been seasoned with Montreal steak seasoning. So good, this will now be my go to recipe for leftover steak."
"These were good, but I think they needed more kick I don't like spicy but it needed a little more flavor"
"I used this recipe and used it over tortilla chips to make nachos instead. I also added a can of black beans to the mix. We enjoyed it very much!"
"This was very good. I also make extra when I cook steak for tacos and such. I made the recipe as is, it was good. But, for our taste I added 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes for some heat. I will make this again!"
"Absolutely fabulous recipe! We always have leftover steak so this works great for me. My kids love these as well. A definite plus as they are very picky with "Mexican" food. Thanks for sharing."
"This was so super easy and tastes fantastic! Even my picky husband liked it and he didn't say I was wasting perfectly good (leftover) steak."
"I wish I could make an extra steak for this everynight. This was oh so yummy, but there's no way this feeds six in my family. I'd have to have at least 3 extra steaks on hand...we couldn't get enough of it. I will also try this recipe with leftover roast the next time I have some."