Our Test Kitchen staff enhances the already fabulous flavor of beef kabobs by topping them with a colorful roasted red pepper sauce. Guests will fall in love with these appetizers!
- 4 large sweet red peppers
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 pounds beef tenderloin, cut into 16 pieces
- 1. Preheat broiler. Place peppers on a broiler pan. Broil 4 in. from heat until skins blister, about 5 minutes. With tongs, rotate peppers a quarter turn. Broil and rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened. Immediately place peppers in a large bowl; let stand, covered, 20 minutes.
- 2. Peel off and discard charred skins. Remove stems and seeds. Place peppers in a food processor. Add oil, vinegar, anchovies and thyme; process until blended.
- 3. For beef, mix oil, paprika, thyme, salt and pepper; rub over beef. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 4-5 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning once. Thread beef onto appetizer skewers. Serve with red pepper sauce.
1 appetizer with 2 tablespoons sauce: 280 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 262mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC