- 3/4 pound beef top round steak, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 4 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup each chopped onion, green pepper and celery
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Sprinkle steak with pepper. In a small skillet, brown steak in oil over medium-high heat. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Combine the soup, broth and vegetables; pour over steak. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- For dumplings, in a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in egg and milk just until blended. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto meat mixture. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift the cover while cooking). Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forSteak Strips with Dumplings
"Made two days ago. Perfect for a cold day & just the right size for an empty nester. I am making this at least once a month. So good, so easy. Thank you John for the recipe."
"My husband loved it. Was a perfect amount for two."
"Delicious meal, the whole family loved the gravy/sauce in this dish. I was a tiny bit disappointed that it wasn't thicker, but that is something easy to adjust on it's own. Even though the recipe is for 2 I multiplied everything by 4 and it served my entire family, 7 people. Thanks for the great recipe."