- 3/4 pound boneless beef top round steak, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 4 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup each chopped onion, green pepper and celery
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Sprinkle steak with pepper. In a small skillet, brown steak in oil over medium-high heat. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Combine the soup, broth and vegetables; pour over steak. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- For dumplings, in a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in egg and milk just until blended. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto meat mixture. Sprinkle with parsley. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift the cover while cooking). Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forSteak Strips with Dumplings
"Made two days ago. Perfect for a cold day & just the right size for an empty nester. I am making this at least once a month. So good, so easy. Thank you John for the recipe."
"My husband loved it. Was a perfect amount for two."
"Delicious meal, the whole family loved the gravy/sauce in this dish. I was a tiny bit disappointed that it wasn't thicker, but that is something easy to adjust on it's own. Even though the recipe is for 2 I multiplied everything by 4 and it served my entire family, 7 people. Thanks for the great recipe."