Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 5 sandwich rolls, split
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the onion and peppers in 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise until crisp-tender. Remove vegetables and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add the roast beef, Italian dressing and remaining mayonnaise. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Place beef and vegetables on rolls; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 601 calories, 32g fat (8g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 1728mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
May 22, 2018
I thought these made a good basic sandwich but they needed a little something extra. I served on toasted buttered hamburger buns and I added some horseradish mayonnaise after trying it without dressing. I would make these again but in my opinion they need to be served with some sort of dressing like a spicy mustard, mayo, or horseradish sauce.
May 20, 2009
I butter the rolls and put them under the broiler for a few minutes. I think this is a good recipe.
Feb 27, 2009
These were good but weren't quite as flavorful as I hoped they would be - next time, I think I'll toast the rolls and spread a little garlic mayo on them.