- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 5 sandwich rolls, split
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the onion and peppers in 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise until crisp-tender. Remove vegetables and keep warm.
- Reduce heat. Add the Italian dressing, roast beef and remaining mayonnaise to the skillet. Cook and stir until heated through, about 5 minutes. Place beef and vegetables on rolls; top with mozzarella cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forSteak Sandwich
"I butter the rolls and put them under the broiler for a few minutes. I think this is a good recipe."
"These were good but weren't quite as flavorful as I hoped they would be - next time, I think I'll toast the rolls and spread a little garlic mayo on them."