Rather than use typical treatments for leftover steak, our home economists toss the chilled meat with romaine, sliced mushrooms and tomato for a fresh and filling salad. Blue cheese and french-fried onions make flavorful accents. To create a tangy-sweet dressing, just whisk together olive oil and a few other ingredients.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 3/4 cup medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound cooked beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup french-fried onions
- In a large bowl, toss the romaine, mushrooms and tomato. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Arrange on four serving plates. Top with the steak, blue cheese and onions.
Jun 4, 2013
Forgot to buy mushrooms because they were not listed under ingredients but listed in directions. I used Tenderloin meat instead & it was delicious.
May 21, 2013
This was great