Steak & Prosciutto Skewers with Creamy Basil-Tarragon Sauce
These flavorful bites of marinated steak layered with prosciutto can be cooked on the grill or under the broiler, so they're ideal for holiday parties no matter what climate you live in! The thick sauce is lovely and creamy—use it as a dip, or smear it on a plate and set the skewers over the top. —Elizabeth Nutt, Alpharetta, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
Makes7 kabobs (1 cup sauce)
- 1/2 cup minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/4 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 package (3 ounces) thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a bowl or shallow dish, combine the first 5 ingredients. Add beef and turn to coat. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Drain beef, discarding marinade. Layer 1 slice steak and 1 slice prosciutto; roll up. Repeat with remaining slices of meat.
- Thread onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Brush with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat or broil 4 in. from heat until beef reaches desired doneness, 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and cream until blended. Stir in lemon juice and herbs. Serve with kabobs.
Nutrition Facts1 kabob with about 2 tablespoons sauce: 298 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 502mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Marinated beef and Pancetta Skewer in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2019