Steak Pinwheels Recipe
This yummy, elegant-looking entree is easy to make but it looks like you fussed. You can prepare it in adavance, too.
- 1-1/2 pounds beef flank steak
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1. Flatten beef to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Combine the cheese, garlic, onion, parsley and remaining salt and pepper; sprinkle over steak to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; tie with kitchen string at 1-in. intervals. Insert a skewer into each piece where it is tied. Cut into 1-1/4-in. rolls.
- 3. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Steak Pinwheels
Reviewed Nov. 14, 2009
"Would definitly make again!"
Reviewed Nov. 1, 2009
"this was fantastic"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC