Steak over Potatoes
I enjoy preparing this dish since it is one of the easiest, hearty meals I serve...so tasty, too. The chicken gumbo soup adds a unique flavor to the rest of the ingredients. -Dennis Robinson, Laurel, Montana
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 2 hours
- 2-1/2 pounds beef top round steak
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken gumbo soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 baking potatoes
- Cut steak into 3-in. x 1/4-in. strips; place in a bowl. Stir in soups and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Place potatoes on a baking pan. Bake potatoes and steak mixture for 1-1/2 hours or until meat and potatoes are tender. Serve steak over the potatoes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 519 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 644mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 41g protein.
Originally published as Steak Over Potatoes in Reminisce May/June 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.