Steak on a Stick
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Freeze steak for 1-1/2 hours. Cut diagonally into 1/4-in. slices. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour 1/4 cup into another small bowl for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into shallow dish; add beef. Turn to coat; cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Thread beef ribbon-style on 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Grill beef, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness(for medium, a thermometer should read 140°; medium-well 145°), basting frequently with reserved marinade.
2 each: 201 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 617mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Aug 15, 2012
Delicious and fun to eat!!!
Aug 15, 2012
Delicious and fun to eat!
Jun 22, 2011
The sauce over powers the steak in my opinion. My husband and kids enjoyed it.