Steak ‘n’ Gravy
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4-1/2 hours
- 1 pound beef top round steak, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked rice or mashed potatoes
- Cut beef into bite-size pieces; brown in oil in a skillet. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Cover with water; add tomato sauce and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for 4 hours, or until meat is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and cold water until smooth; stir into liquid in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high 30 minutes longer or until gravy is thickened. Serve with rice or potatoes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 204 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 588mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 24, 2013
This was very tender and tasty. Easy to prepare. I skipped the garlic powder and tossed in a few onions instead.
Jul 12, 2009
Mmmm good stuff,I like it better without the cumin though.