Steak ‘n’ Cheese Subs
Debbie Stadtler of Fredericksburg, Virginia calls for flank steak in her easy, cheesy subs, but you could use any kind of leftover steak. “I like to serve them with extra ketchup for dipping,” she says.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound cooked beef flank steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 French rolls, split
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- In a large skillet, saute the steak, onion and Worcestershire sauce for 4-6 minutes or until onion is tender. Spoon onto roll bottoms; sprinkle with cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Drizzle with ketchup. Replace roll tops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 417 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 727mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein.
Originally published as Leftover Flank Steak Subs in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.