Steak Lo Mein
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound beef top round steak, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup diagonally sliced carrots, partially cooked
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diagonally sliced celery
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 15 fresh snow pea pods, trimmed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 4 ounces thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
- Freeze steak just until firm; slice diagonally across grain into 1/4-in. strips.
- Combine the cornstarch, bouillon, water and soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Add meat and garlic; stir-fry until the meat is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Remove meat to a platter.
- Add the cabbage, carrots, onion, mushrooms, celery and green onions; stir-fry for about 3 minutes. Add pea pods and water chestnuts; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add meat.
- Stir bouillon mixture and pour into skillet; cook and stir until thickened. Gently toss in spaghetti and heat through for 1 minute.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 329 calories, 8g fat (0 saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 834mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-3/4 starch, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 18, 2017
Very tasty , healthy, easy main dish!
Oct 5, 2012
This is fantastic. I make this and eat on it all week. Takes a little time to put all together but worth it. Soooo good!
Jan 11, 2011
This was good. I used pre-shredded carrots rather than pre-cooking regular ones. I tossed these carrots in with the cabbage, etc. According to my recipe nutrition program, the fiber in this recipe is 3.3 grams per serving
Dec 31, 2010
Excellent recipe if you have leftovers to use up but it does need modified. The steak should be marinated in a soy sauce mixture before cooking because it came off kind of bland. I will also not use the cornstarch and substitute Chinese noodles for the spaghetti.
Feb 7, 2008
How can there be no fiber in this? It is full of vegetables.