- 4 cups Wheat Chex
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups cheese crackers
- 1 cup fat-free miniature pretzels
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup French-fried onions
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the cereals, crackers and pretzels. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt butter. Stir in the steak sauce, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne; pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high, for 4 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes. Add the fried onions, peanuts, onion powder and garlic powder; toss to coat. Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 quarts.
Reviews forSteak House Snack Mix
"I made this for my husband because he loves steak sauce. I changed it up to the ingredients I had on hand, omitting the fried onions. I also added some salt and pepper cashews. It was very quick to make. It's spicy and flavorful, from how he was eating it, it seemed addicting, too!"