- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons onion soup mix
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1-1/2 pounds sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup French-fried onions
- Sliced tomato and lettuce, optional
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and horseradish; cover and refrigerate until serving. In another small bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon butter and garlic powder; spread over bun tops. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, steak sauce and onion soup mix. Shape into four patties.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Top with Swiss cheese; cover and grill 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Place buns, cut side down, on grill for 1-2 minutes or until toasted.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and green onions in remaining butter until tender. Serve burgers on buns; top with horseradish sauce, French-fried onions, mushroom mixture and, if desired, tomato and lettuce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSteak House Burgers
"We absolutely loved these burgers however mine did not turn out to be a burger. I followed the recipe to a tee and they just fell apart and ended up more like a loose meat sandwich consistency? Also it says to combine the horseradish and mayo, then set aside but it does not state where to put it? Should it be on the burger then mushrooms and lettuce/ tomato or on the bun top or on the bottom bun? I find that most sandwich/burger recipes are better when the ingredients are layered in the correct order."
"I broiled these, but can't wait to try grilling them. They were very good!"
"My husband and kids LOVE these burgers!! They ask for them all the time!!! :-)"
"This is a keeper!! I loved the taste!!!"
"Just when you thought there is nothing new to do to a burger, I came across this recipe. Everyone in my family loved it and asked for more. The combination was not something I would come up with on my own and that's what made it so great. I used prepared horsey sauce instead of the horseradish and mayo, and it was great. The french fried onions really make it. A great way to liven up burgers."
"My husband and I loved this Burger! There are so many wonderful flavors and textures going on in your mouth at the same time. The only thing I changed was to spray Buttered flavored Pam on cut kaiser rolls and broil them until toasted, then spread cheese/butter mixture on only one side and place back into broiler until melted. Very tasty!"
"My husband and I loved this Burger! There are so many wonderful flavors going on in your mouth at the same time. The only thing that I did different, was to spray butter flavored Pam on cut kaiser rolls and broil until toasted, then with only the toasted bottom, spread with the cheese butter mixture and put back under the broiler until melted (10 seconds?) Cant wait to make these again!"
"This were great. Loved everything about them."
"Serving these for the third time in 4 weeks. Everyone loves them. We added seasoned salt while grilling."