Steak Fajitas Recipe
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 beef flank steak (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Sliced avocado and lime wedges, optional
- 1. For salsa, place first five ingredients in a small bowl; stir in 1 teaspoon cumin and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Let stand until serving.
- 2. Sprinkle steak with the remaining cumin and salt. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°), 6-8 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion until crisp-tender. Slice steak thinly across the grain; serve in tortillas with onion and salsa. If desired, serve with avocado and lime wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving: 329 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 498mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Steak Fajitas
"I had to modify this to suit ingredients I had on hand. To save money I used thin-cut round steak--will not do that again! I substituted green bell pepper for the jalapeno, had to omit the cilantro. It was good, but it would have been better if I had followed the recipe more closely. Will try again."
"LOVE THESE! I used two jalapenos for extra heat and it made these really spicy and good."
"The tomato relish is awesome it really makes the fajitas amazing!"