Steak Fajita Pasta
“This steak and pasta dish combines flavors my family loves with the convenience I love,” says Veronica Callaghan of Glastonbury, Connecticut. “Adding fresh ingredients to a packaged mix results on great homemade taste.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound beef flank steak or beef top sirloin steak
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 package (4.8 ounces) Pasta Roni angel hair pasta with herbs
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- Place steak on a broiler pan. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add tomatoes and peppers; saute 1 minute longer. Add water and pepper sauce. Bring to a boil; stir in pasta with contents of seasoning packet. Return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring frequently. Stir in cream; heat through. Thinly slice beef; serve over pasta.