Steak Chili Recipe
- 1-1/2 pound lean round steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-sodium V8 juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1. Brown steak. Drain, discarding all but 2 tablespoons drippings. Set meat aside. Saute onion and garlic in drippings for 3 minutes. Return meat to pan. Add tomato sauce, 1 cup water, V-8 juice, hot pepper sauce and spices; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 2-1/2 hours. Combine flour with remaining water; whisk into chili. Cook 10 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 185 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 vegetable, 2 lean meat.
Reviews for Steak Chili
"Regarding the comment about when to add the steak to the pan - it states in the second paragraph to return the meat to the pan after the onion and garlic are sauteed.Taste of Home Test Kitchen"
"Recipe states set steak aside then doesn't state when to add steak to recipe."