- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 10 ounces boneless beef sirloin steak
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, bouillon, water and soy sauce; set aside. Cut steak thinly across the grain, then cut slices in half; set aside. In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry green pepper, onion and garlic in oil for 4 minutes; remove and set aside. Add meat; stir-fry for 4-6 minutes.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add tomatoes, water chestnuts and green pepper mixture; cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle with pepper. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSteak and Vegetables
"Good, but could have had a little more flavor."
"This is also very good leftover and reheated the next day."