"After working all week, my husband and I like to spend a lot of time with our two kids on weekends," says Linda Emily Dow of Princeton Junction, New Jersey. "That's when this recipe comes in handy. We marinate the meat in the fridge overnight, then grill it quickly for a fast, filling meal."
Recommended: 20 Ways to Make Potatoes on the Grill
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds boneless sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup cider or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 6 cups cubed cooked potatoes
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup Caesar salad dressing
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- Place steak in a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container. Combine vinegar, oil and soy sauce; pour over the steak. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight. drain, discarding marinade. Grill or broil steak for 8-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Slice into thin strips across the grain and place in a bowl. Add potatoes, green pepper, onions, parsley and dressing; toss to coat. Serve on lettuce if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Steak and Potato Salad in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p45
Reviews forSteak and Potato Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2012
"It was delicious. I did serve it on a blend of greens."