- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (1-1/2 to 2 inches thick and 8 ounces each)
- In a large skillet, cook onion in butter over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until onion is golden brown, stirring frequently. Stir in wine and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until liquid has evaporated.
- Meanwhile, combine the rosemary, salt and pepper; rub over steaks. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with caramelized onions. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forSteak and Onions
"Really enjoyed these steaks. The caramelized onions onions made it something special."
"these are awsome"
"The steaks were very moist, I made them a little different. I did what the first paragraph said. While another skillet, I cooked the steaks on both sides for a few minutes. Then put in a foil lined baking dish and poured the onion mixture on top. Baked @350 for 30 minutes. Wonderful!"