Steak and Mushroom Sauce
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1/2 medium green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1 beef top round steak (10 ounces), cut into two pieces
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- Place green pepper and onion in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; top with beef. In a small bowl, combine soup and water; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender.
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Serve with round steak and gravy.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 354 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 38g protein.
Sep 13, 2017
I made this for supper last night , I used the tenderized minute steaks and they were tender and delicious! The gravy I served over mashed potatoes and it was very tasty also.
Feb 17, 2011
Yes, if I could figure a way to have the meat not so tough. It had a nice taste, but you couldn't chew it.
Feb 17, 2011
Yes, if I could figure a way to have the meatnot so tough. It had a nice taste, but you couldn't chew it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.