Steak and Blue Cheese Crescents
Grilled steak, blue cheese and bacon make my crescents some of the heartiest, most satisfying starters you'll ever eat. I roll up the filling in wedges of refrigerated pie pastry. —Kelly Williams, Forked River, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 beef ribeye steak (12 ounces)
- 2/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 thick-sliced bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, coarse pepper and seasoned salt. Rub over each side of steak.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4-in. from heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Transfer to a cutting board; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into 12 slices.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the walnuts, blue cheese, parsley and pepper. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12-in. circle. Spread with walnut mixture; cut into 12 wedges.
- Top each wedge with a steak slice, bacon and onion. Roll up wedges from the wide ends and place point side down 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Curve ends to form crescents. Brush with milk; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
To make ahead: Cook and crumble bacon and grill steak a day ahead; cover and refrigerate. Bake as directed.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 229 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Grilled Ribeye Pastry Crescents with Blue Cheese, Bacon and Walnuts in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013