VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons malt vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1 cup frozen french fried potatoes
- 1/2 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/3 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the sugar, oil, vinegar and water. Refrigerate.
- Prepare french fries according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet coated with cooking spray, cook steak strips over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness.
- On two salad plates, arrange the lettuce, tomato and onion. Top with french fries, steak and cheese. Whisk dressing; drizzle over salads. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Steak 'n' Fries Salad in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p7
Reviews forSteak 'n' Fries Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 28, 2011
"My daughter is a finiky eater and not to fond of salads but loves french fries she inhaled the salad and is always requesting for me to make it again."