- 1 pound small red potatoes, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick and about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, grill steak, covered, over medium heat 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- In a large saucepan, place steamer basket over 1 in. of water. Place broccoli in basket. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a low boil; steam, covered, 2-3 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, garlic and seasonings until blended; stir in green onions. Cut steak into thin slices.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, steak, broccoli and red pepper. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to combine. Serve warm or refrigerate and serve cold. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSteak & New Potato Toss
"My beautiful family loves grilled sirloin steak and this recipe got second helpings with my teens. I boiled the potatoes but added thyme and red pepper cayenne to the water."
"This dish has become a staple in our home. I have altered it by adding a tablespoon of Crab Boil to the potato water. I then toss the parboiled potatoes in some olive oil then toss them in grated parmesan before placing them in a basket on the grill with the meat."
"I thought it was delicious and so did my husband. I did add salt, other than that it was perfect."
"Great dish hot or cold, hot is the best though. Always a favorite. This makes a lot but it's so good that it doesn't last long at all."
"easy and tasty. I season the meat prior to cooking it and also add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the vinaigrette. Also used frozen brocolli (added it to the boiling water two minutes before potatos were done) and roasted red peppers since that's what I had on hand."
"this is a great recipe however I did do a couple things different, I sliced the meat before cooking it and that made the meat a lot more tender and I use salad dressing Vinaigrette."