Steak & Blue Cheese Pizza
When I have a little extra time to play with, I caramelize the onion in this recipe to add a different flavor. —Kadija Bridgewater, Deerfield Beach, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 450°. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add beef and mushrooms; cook 3-4 minutes or until beef is no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- Cook onion in remaining oil 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add cream and blue cheese; cook 3-5 minutes longer or until slightly thickened.
- Place crust on a 12-in. pizza pan or baking sheet. Spread with cream mixture; top with beef mixture. Sprinkle with parsley. Bake 10-12 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and crust is lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 365 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 535mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Steak & Blue Cheese Dude Pizza in Simple & Delicious October/November 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.