VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 450°. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add beef and mushrooms; cook 3-4 minutes or until beef is no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- Cook onion in remaining oil 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add cream and blue cheese; cook 3-5 minutes longer or until slightly thickened.
- Place crust on a 12-in. pizza pan or baking sheet. Spread with cream mixture; top with beef mixture. Sprinkle with parsley. Bake 10-12 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and crust is lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Steak & Blue Cheese Pizza in Simple & Delicious October/November 2014