It only takes a few moments to stir up this hearty Stroganoff when you have a portion of Amie's basic beef mix on hand. Simply combine it with canned mushrooms and a few other items, and simmer gently. Then ladle servings over cooked noodles for a sensational supper in no time.
Recommended: How to Cook Spaghetti Squash
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 portion Basic Beef Starter (recipe also in Recipe Finder), thawed
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine the beef starter and mushrooms. Add the bouillon and Worcestershire sauce. Combine flour and water until smooth; stir into the beef mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. stir in cream cheese until melted. Serve over noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Start-Ahead Stroganoff in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p42
Reviews forStart-Ahead Stroganoff
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review