Stars and Stripes Torte
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.3 ounces) instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1-2/3 cups raspberry pie filling
- 1-2/3 cups blueberry pie filling
- Fresh blueberries and raspberries, optional
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat the milk, pudding mix and vanilla on low speed for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until set. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes or until thickened. Fold in whipped cream.
- Cut each cake horizontally into two layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with raspberry pie filling. Top with second cake layer; spread with 1-2/3 cups of pudding mixture. Top with third cake layer; spread with blueberry pie filling. Top with remaining cake layer and pudding mixture.
- Place blueberries around top edge of cake and form a star with blueberries and raspberries if desired.
Jul 1, 2019
I've been making this for years, and we all enjoy it. Nice and light, and still works with gluten free cake. It's a real keeper!
Jul 7, 2015
This was fun to make and its not super sweet The fresh fruit made this light and refreshing. I'm looking forward to making this again.
Jul 5, 2010
This tasted great but completely fell apart on me. It seemed like the cake was too light to hold up to the other layers. If I make this again I will put it in a bowl and make a trifle.