- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) white cake mix
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.3 ounces) instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1-2/3 cups raspberry pie filling
- 1-2/3 cups blueberry pie filling
- Fresh blueberries and raspberries, optional
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Beat in extract. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes. Fold in whipped cream.
- Split each cake into two horizontal layers. Place bottom layer on a cake plate; spread with raspberry pie filling. top with second cake layer; spread with 1-2/3 cups of pudding mixture. Top with third cake layer; spread with blueberry pie filling. Top with remaining cake layer and pudding mixture. If desired, place blueberries around top edge of cake and form a star with blueberries and raspberries. Yield: 10-14 servings.
Reviews forStars and Stripes Torte
"This was fun to make and its not super sweet The fresh fruit made this light and refreshing. I'm looking forward to making this again."
"This tasted great but completely fell apart on me. It seemed like the cake was too light to hold up to the other layers. If I make this again I will put it in a bowl and make a trifle."