Stars and Stripes Parfaits Recipe
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Sweetened whipped cream and toasted chopped almonds, optional
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, combine rice, milk, cream and sugar; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to maintain a low simmer. Cook, uncovered, until rice is soft, about 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 2. Remove from heat. In a small bowl, stir a small amount into egg yolks; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool completely.
- 3. Layer half of the blueberries, half of the pudding mixture and half of the raspberries in six parfait glasses. Repeat layers. Refrigerate until serving. If desired, top with whipped cream and almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
1 parfait: 319 calories, 19g fat (12g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 49mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Stars and Stripes Parfaits
"I love this recipe and made this with black berries and strawberries. It is colorful!"