Starry Cheese Spread
Horseradish gives zip to this tasty cheese star that'll add sparkle to your holiday table. The creamy mixture is terrific served with crackers, raw vegetables or on the appetizers that make up the tempting Party Sandwich Tree. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
Makesabout 3-3/4 cups
- 6 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- Sliced pimientos, yellow pepper strips and one pimiento-stuffed olive slice
- In a bowl, beat cheeses, butter, horseradish, apple juice and olives on low speed for 1 minute. Beat on high until almost smooth. Press 3/4 cup into a 4-in. star-shaped mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and chill for 3 hours or until set.
- Refrigerate remaining cheese mixture for another use or for the Party Sandwich Tree (recipe also in Recipe Finder). Run a sharp knife around mold to loosen cheese spread and unmold. Garnish with pimientos, peppers and olive.