Star Sandwich Cookies
"I baked these treats for a church tea," says Patti Schmidt of Canton, Ohio. The night before, I gave a sample to the folks setting up. They like the cookies so much, they saved the rest to ensure they'd get some the next day!"
Total TimePrep: 25 min. _ chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 to 8 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- Liquid or paste food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, flour and cream. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2 in. star cookie cutter. Sprinkle tops of cookies with sugar; place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Prick each cookie 3-4 times with a fork. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For filling, combine the butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough cream to achieve desired spreading consistency. Tint with food coloring if desired. Carefully spread filling on the bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 146 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.