- 3 pounds bone-in country-style pork ribs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place ribs in a 5-qt. Dutch oven; cover with water. Add garlic salt and pepper; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients; set aside. Drain ribs. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 30-60 minutes or until meat is tender, turning and basting several times with sauce. Serve remaining sauce with ribs. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forStan's Smoky Ribs
"Ribs so tender and flavorful. Parboiling them before grilling is the way to go."
"I created a tasteofhome.com account just so i can review this recipe. Thats how good these ribs and sauce are. Stan rocked it out of the park with this one!"
"the best ribs"
"I have been using this BBQ sauce for years.We absolutely love it! I'll cook it in a sauce pan sometimes to bring out the sweetness and thicken the sauce, then we'll use it on the side,or for a dipping sauce."
"Excellent BBQ Sauce!"
"Stan's THE MAN in my household ...excellent recipe thank you!"