- 1 package chocolate or white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Assorted food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, eggs and oil until blended. Roll into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until tops are set. Lightly press a 1-1/2-in. cookie cutter onto cookies making a slight indentation. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk the confectioners' sugar and enough milk to achieve a drizzling consistency. Tint with food coloring if desired. Place icing in a small heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Carefully pipe icing into indentations. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Stamped by Design Cookies in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p53
Reviews for Stamped by Design Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2010
"theses are fun to make, i have made them for 2 years now,my kids like them!!"
Reviewed Aug. 26, 2010
"It took a few tries to learn just how deep to make the imprints and how just how much icing to fill them with."