- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 4 medium onions, finely chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, sausage, onions and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, oil and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Discard bay leaves. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews forStamp-of-Approval Spaghetti Sauce
"Prepared this in my Instant Pot, used the slow cooker function and then used the pressure cooker for about 15 minutes. The family loved it. Will be making this again."
"Awesome recipe! I used home canned tomatoes two quart jars and one pound ground meat and one pound sausage as that is what I had on hand. We grow fresh herbs on the counter so that was handy. But it did make too much for my slow cooker; I guess it isn't a 5 quart but a four!"
"thanks for posting this recipe. I I don't like sausage husband does though."
"I must of lost my taste buds. All those 5 star reviews and all it was is a sweet tomato sauce. No flavor for us. Made it exactly as written. Needs a lot of herbs, spices and red pepper flakes. Can't say that I would make it again. So sad, I was hoping for more and it just didn't happen. Sorry."
"excellent recipe!! My grandkids love it! It makes plenty to freeze also. Have made it several times and always enjoyed!"
"This was very good! You need to taste half way through. I wound up adding 2 T of Italian seasoning."
"I swap out the canola oil, for olive oil and the plain canned tomatoes with fire roasted. I also add red pepper flakes, because we like it a bit spicy. It is great as is though! I have made it both ways!"
"Very good sauce. I cut the recipe in half and put it in a 3-quart slow cooker for about 6 hours. Came out great!"
"Sounds so good. If I were to change anything about it, I would add some sliced button mushrooms."
"This recipe is the best!!! My husband said to throw out all my other recipes. This one can't be beat!!!!!!"