St. Patrick’s Day Pistachio Cupcakes
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup cream cheese frosting
- Green sprinkles and/or chocolate jimmies
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pudding mix, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill foil or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost and decorate as desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 270 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 10, 2015
Excellent recipe. I make these every year, although I prefer to top them with a butter cream icing.
Mar 8, 2015
Very good and especially tasty with homemade cream cheese frosting. I tinted the frosting with green food coloring and sprinkled with green sugar and jimmies.
Mar 5, 2013
my kids LOVED these - i have been requested to make them again for this St Patty's Day
Mar 17, 2010
These cupcakes were delicious. They were very moist and the cream cheese icing topped them off. I tinted the icing green. They were a great treat for St. Patrick's Day.
May 2, 2009
Great moist cupcakes with a unique flavor.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.