St. Patrick’s Day Rainbow Cake
Total TimePrep: 1 hour
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 5 teaspoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 15 to 18 large green grapes, halved
- 15-ounces can of mandarin oranges, well-drained
- 10 to 15 fresh strawberries, halved
- Arrange cake cubes in a rainbow arch on a large serving platter. In a small bowl, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. In another bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, orange zest and orange juice until smooth; fold in whipped cream.
- Gently spread remaining cream cheese mixture over cake cubes. Arrange fruit over cream cheese mixture in a rainbow pattern. If desired, garnish with additional whipped cream to create cloud shapes.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 395 calories, 24g fat (14g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 208mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Feb 28, 2012
Thanks for the idea. I have a rainbow shaped tray and this will be perfect for brunch. I plan to use red=raspberries, orange mandarin oranges, yellow= bananas, green= green grapes, blue=blueberries, indigo=blackberries, violet=blue grapes.
Mar 16, 2010
This was super easy and very cute and yummy for a St. Patrick's Day brunch.